ALL ARTWORK AND TEXT COPYRIGHT © CIRO CORREIA, UNLESS OTHERWISE ATTRIBUTED TO THE RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNER - IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUBLISH OR PRINT ANY SUCH ARTWORK OR TEXT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE ARTIST.


Monday 30 May 2011

The Evil Mother, Marleen and the boy.

This is from one of the projects I'm working on at the moment. I'm illustrating two Brothers Grimm stories for the ipad for a publisher focusing on illustrated electronic books. One of them is actually one of my all time favorite Grimm's tale. I remember taking out a dusty tome from my small town library at about age 9 or 10 and devouring story after story. Going back to the library and scouring the shelves for more. Here are  some work in process shots with the final image. Enjoy :)

Below: Rough sketch, composition check. Initial color check.



Below: Except for a few details, the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment