ALL ARTWORK AND TEXT COPYRIGHT © CIRO CORREIA, UNLESS OTHERWISE ATTRIBUTED TO THE RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNER - IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUBLISH OR PRINT ANY SUCH ARTWORK OR TEXT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE ARTIST.


Monday 6 June 2011

Speed painting - World Revisited


Speed painting, I only recently began to seriously look at speed painting as a means to sharpen skills and to create concepts faster. This is one of my first 'serious' attempts and I'm hooked. Still forming my visual language in this method but I know where I'm going with it. Feels good. I've been applying some of the amazing principles that Marcos Mateu-Mestre teaches in his mind-blowingly awesome book 'Framed Ink'. As a start I drew out a thumb of the composition with only the dark and lights as blocked out shapes with the focus (this is where I'm applying what I've learnt, I do thumbs normally but this adds edge) on conveying the emotion of the piece as the main overall message. I used this basic thumb to design other thumbnails, I think I did about 6 or 7 but changing the details and elements or subject matter. This was an experiment first of all to show that these emotional/basic compositional thumbs could be applied to anything. The second was to see how effective the target emotion could be conveyed. This was the idea and composition of one of the thumbs that I took and speed painted. I'll probably post up the other ones as well. I screen captured the speed painting process and hope to post that up later as well once I've complied it, etc.

I'm working on a color and finely rendered version of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment